Welcome to the “Bowbearers Archery Club”, we have several shooting venues between Garstang and Lancaster. Our outdoor venue is at Galgate and you can shoot there anytime you want, the Indoor venues are only used during the winter months and are as follows;
Club Shooting Times
Winter Club Nights
Our winter club nights are.
WednesdayLancaster and Morecambe College
There is no Shooting at this venue during the Summer Holiday period.
Please download the following document for directions to the field: Directions
Summer Club Nights
- Tuesday 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 7pm-9pm
- Sunday 10.30am-12pm
Please download the following documents for directions to the field: Download
Please contact Tony on the details below for up-to-date options and enrollment.
Starts: Normally weekday, 7 - 9pm.
Venue: Lancaster and Morecambe College or Garstang Academy.
This is ‘ArcheryGB’s’ recommended ‘Beginners Course’ consisting of 6 sessions of up to 2hrs each aimed both at juniors aged from 8 to 15 and adults. While the objective is to have fun, emphasis will focus on safety, bearing in mind the bow is a weapon.
All Equipment will be provided for the duration of the 6 week Course.
At the end of the Course you will:
- Receive a Certificate confirming that you have completed a Beginners Course in Target Archery, a requirement for joining most Archery Clubs.
- Know and understand the Safety rules and Etiquette of the sport.
- Be familiar with the Basic equipment used in Target Archery.
- Be able to consistently hit a Target at 20 yards.
- Aware of the Scoring systems used in Target Archery.
- Know and understand the Basic Shooting Rules of Target Archery.
- Have received information on other types of Archery and its History.
- Have received advice on the selection of your own equipment.
- Be able to conduct some simple maintenance on your Archery Equipment.
- Tel: 07812482130
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Secretary
- Tel: 01253 821434
- Email: email@example.com
- Course Instructor
- Tel: 07503 718716
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org